HOW CAN YOUR BARRISTER HELP YOU AS A LITIGANT IN PERSON
Family Court Barrister Fee
Case Preparation & Representation at Hearing
The Process of Instructing A Family Court Barrister
- You will need to book a FREE chat with the barrister by clicking on the link, using the ‘you can book me’ as shown on our website.
- This is a very important opportunity for you to speak directly with the barrister, to discuss your case and needs, and you will be advised on the next step.
- After the conference you will be provided with a summary of the matters discussed during the free telephone conference; which outlines your instructions, matters discussed as to the work you want her to do and advice on the next step by email.
- If you are suitable for direct public access and the barrister can carry out the work and within the time frame, you will be provided with details for drop box for you to send ALL of your documents.
- Upon receipt of the documents in drop box, your barrister will read the documents and provide you with a FIXED FEE for the work to be carried out.
- You will receive a contract for the work to be carried out as outlined in the client care letter with a FIXED FEE.
- Once you return the signed client care letter by email, and have paid the FIXED FEE by bank transfer and the funds are cleared, at this point you are deemed to have formally instructed your barrister and your barrister will promptly contact you by email for the work to start.
- You will be provided with contact details for your barrister once your instructions have been accepted.
Client Care Letter With A FIXED FEE Process
- Your barrister can only provide you with a fee for the work to be carried out as outlined in the client care letter and a FIXED FEE for the barrister to complete that work from start to finish.
- Once you get a FIXED FEE for the work to be carried out, and it is agreed with you, there are no further fee for you to pay unless there are additional documents relating to further work (other applications) upon which you need legal advice – this will be deemed a separate matter and a further client care letter with a FIXED FEE will be provided.
- You are strongly advised to ensure that you provide ALL of your case documents at the outset using the drop box facility, to enable the barrister to advise on the work to be carried out and provide the appropriate FIXED FEE and reduce the need for further fee from you.
- Your barrister will need to fully consider ALL of your papers sent by you in the drop box, this includes case preparation, legal advice and the time involved in doing the work together with a further telephone conference to agree the work to be carried out with you, before providing you with a Client Care Letter with a FIXED FEE.
- For cancellation/refund policy, please refer to the Client Care Letter.